Books for Moms, Wives and Parents

Ministry of Motherhood
by Sally Clarkson
This has to be my all time favorite book on motherhood. The approach is completely different from most books on parenting. Sally Clarkson approaches the job of motherhood as a ministry. She takes a look at the way that Jesus ministered to his disciples and applies those same methods into motherhood.

Diapers, Pacifiers and Other Holy Things
by Lorraine Pintus
This book was so much fun to read. Lorraine finds a way to allow the sometimes mundane tasks and events of motherhood to teach her something spiritual. It was a paradigm shift for me to think this way. My blog postings at Teach and Tickle are meant to be the same way.




Shepherding a Child's Heart
by Tedd Tripp
A great book to teach parents that parenting is more that just making your kids obey, it is changing and molding their hearts so they understand WHY they obey.


Creative Counterpart
by Linda Dillow
This is a great book for wives to read. I really benefitted from the Priority Planner concept in this book. I also like Linda Dillow's book, Calm My Anxious Heart



No comments: